Proverbs encourages us to stay on the path of wisdom, and to be careful not to start “to the right or the left.” In 4:25-27 it states: “Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm. Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.”
Is this a problem for you? Ask yourself these questions while thinking about your attitude and behavior in life:
– What is your influence on others? Whose life have you genuinely touched and changed for the better in recent years?
– What is your direction and purpose? If you continue to work of the next ten years as you are currently working, what will you have gained? What will your life look like on its current path in ten years?
– Are you honoring God? Can you cite three things that you have done in the last year that you believe have clearly brought glory to God? What are some ways in which you have honored Him at work, in your home, and in your community?
– Are you avoiding evil? What one thing have said “no” to in the past year in order to “remove your foot from evil” (Proverbs 4:27)? What did it cost you? What did you gain?
– What is your testimony? What one characteristic would you say clearly distinguishes you from non-Christians in your workplace, school, neighborhood, etc.?